0333 003 3161

Make a claim on your Big Cat policy

Making a claim with BIG CAT Travel Insurance is easy. If you would like to start, you can submit a claim online at www.submitaclaim.co.uk/bigcat or alternatively you can download and complete the claims form most relevant to the claim you wish to make.

Our claims forms are in PDF format and you will need to have Adobe Reader installed on your computer to view them. If your computer does not have Adobe Reader installed, you can download it free by clicking here..

Claims FAQs

Call our Emergency Medical Assistance Service which is open 24/7 as follows:

If your policy was purchased after 01 January 2020,
Call +44 (0)20 8603 9485
Please quote scheme Reference:7272TVL01/20

If your policy was issued after 01 January 2019,
Call +44 (0)20 8603 9485
Please quote scheme Reference: 7272TVL01/19


Please note the Insured Person’s failure to contact the Medical Emergency Assistance Service prior to any claims for hospitalisation, repatriation, helicopter/air ambulance medical evacuation, alteration of travel plans or curtailment of travel may result in their claim being reduced or declined. Private medical treatment is not covered unless authorised by the Medical Emergency Assistance Service.
Be prepared to give your:
(a) validation certificate number.
(b) confirmation that the policy was purchased from Big Cat Travel Insurance
(c) dates of travel (tickets/itinerary).
(d) details of the problem including name and address of patient and nature of illness/accident.
(e) name and telephone number of hospital and attending Medical Practitioner.
(f) details of usual GP.
Please note, should you require medical treatment in Australia you MUST enrol with MEDICARE.

Full details are shown in your policy document.

Be the first person to like this faq.

Medical Emergencies Only
Immediate contact must be made
+44 (0)20 8603 9485


For Other Claims

Notice must be given within 45 days of the date of occurrence of any claim under this Insurance.

To submit a claim online please go to www.submitaclaim.co.uk/bigcat

Alternatively, you can submit a claim by downloading the relevant claims form and together with supporting documents email or post to the following address:

Claims Settlement Agencies,
308-314 London Road,
SS7 2DD.

Tel: 01702 553 443
Email: info@csal.co.uk

1 people found this faq useful.

Most claims are processed within 7 business days, (currently there is a delay due to Coronavirus) providing we receive all the required information. Please note that due to the complexity of some claims, we may require additional information, therefore, some claims may take longer than others to process and pay.

Be the first person to like this faq.

Late submission of documentation or missing information on your claim form may cause a delay in processing your claim. Please be sure to complete all the required data on the claim form and submit all supporting documents to avoid any delays.

1 people found this faq useful.

We offer an Excess Waiver with all our policies. This will take the excess for all claims down to £0, enabling you to claim for any amount. So, if you come down with the flu and go to the local doctors and are prescribed £20 worth of medication, you will be able to claim for this.

Note: The Excess for Personal Liability and Personal Accident cannot be waived and will remain at £250, even with the Excess Waiver.

Be the first person to like this faq.

Yes, the benefit amounts shown are per person. So, if you are travelling with your partner and you are each claiming for delays with your flights, you will each be able to claim for the limit of £100.

1 people found this faq useful.

Up to the amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits applicable to the type of policy purchased and shown on the Validation Certificate, if you suffer an incident that results in bodily injury, death or illness caused by a third party during the Period of Insurance, the Insurer will compensate you for Legal Expenses incurred in pursuit of a claim for damages or compensation against the third party up to the amount shown in the Table of Benefits for any one journey. Note: exclusions may apply - see detailed policy.

Be the first person to like this faq.

Big Cat Travel Insurance Services, a trading name of Flynow.com Ltd (registration No.FRN 745388)  is an Appointed Representative of Campbell Irvine Ltd (registration No.306242) who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You may check this on the Financial Services register www.fca.org.uk or by contacting them on (0) 800 111 6768. © 2021 Big Cat Travel Insurance Services.  All rights reserved.