Riding a motorbike or scooter up to 125cc is automatically covered with all our policies. Riding a motorbike over 125cc can be covered with our Activity Pack Add-on.
If you are a pillion passenger on a motorcycle tour, such as the Ha Giang Loop, this is covered automatically and does not require any Activity Packs or any relevant licences.
When riding, you must always ensure you:
- Wear an appropriate crash helmet.
- Obey the Local road rules and laws
- Have the relevant licence(s) required to ride a motorcycle in the country or countries you will be riding in. If the country you’re in requires you to obtain a specific in-country licence to legally ride a motorcycle, then to be covered, you must obtain this licence.
- If all that’s required is an International Driving Permit (IDP), and you hold an IDP, then there’s no need to go about getting any more licences.
- Be aware that an IDP will only allow you to ride the same class of vehicle as your home licence allows. So, if you’re not licensed to ride a motorbike at home, you’re not licensed to ride a motorbike abroad under your IDP. It's up to you to make sure you are licensed for the type of motorcycle you hire.
- You should always ensure the bike is fully insured (motor insurance arranged by the company that owns the bike) as there is no Personal Lability cover whilst riding a bike. We cannot cover any participation in competitions or racing or any kind.