Decide Canada’s not for you, and want to return earlier than your full period of insurance?
Other insurers will tell you to wave goodbye to your money, but Big Cat lets you claim a partial premium refund for the unused time you didn’t stay in Canada.
How does the EARLY RETURN REFUND work?
Let’s say you buy a 24-month policy to cover your time in Canada. But after nine months, you decide that Canada’s not for you, and you want to return home. You may have invested a substantial amount for your 24 months Big Cat policy, most of which you’ll now no longer need. Unlike most insurers, Big Cat is happy to offer you a partial refund on the redundant portion of your insurance as a fair’s fair consolation. Please note that travel insurance premiums are not calculated on a pro-rata basis, as such, no refund is calculated in this manner either.
How does Big Cat calculate the amount of EARLY RETURN REFUND?
We take the length of time of the original policy and subtract the actual amount of time you have used, and payout the difference, deducting a £50 Cancellation Charge.
Are there other conditions that apply to my EARLY RETURN REFUND?
- Only applicable to 24 month IEC policies.
- We are not able to offer refunds to cover the first 6 months of the policy.
- No refund can be given on a policy where a claim has been made or is likely to be made prior to the cancellation of your Big Cat policy.
- You must be back in your home country and notify us by email of your wish to cancel the policy within 14 days of your arrival, please also provide us with proof of your return to the UK (flight ticket / e-ticket / boarding pass).
- All refund calculations are based on the base premium paid only. Add-ons are non-refundable.
Can you give an example of how much I could receive back in my EARLY RETURN REFUND?
Say you took out a 24-month budget IEC policy costing £525.24, then you wish to cancel the policy after 9 months. Our 9-month budget IEC policy costs £312.55. So we deduct £312.55 from £525.24 = £212.99
Then we apply the £50 Cancellation Charge, refunding you a total of £162.99.